Give Receive Improve
2 Day Workshop
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
12th – 13th October 2016
Facilitator: Salwana Ali and Lisa Lam
Not Just another training program!
Option of 1:1 coaching sessions to further facilitate the learning process. According to research paper by Olivero, Bane and Kopelman, training alone results in 22.4% improvement in performance and when training is supported by coaching, the improvement in performance rose to 88%.
Key takeaways from this program:
- How to Give Feedback: 4 Key Principles, the do’s and don’ts as well as steps to improve the feedback experience.
- How to Receive Feedback: Golden rules of receiving challenging feedback and avoiding pitfalls of reacting vs. responding to feedback.
- How to Capture Improvements: Using feedback to improve performance and to drive accountability.
- Practice, practice and practice. Real life scenarios and role play activities to put the feedback skills into practice.
WHO Should Attend?
- New managers, Entrepreneurs, SME Owners
- Individuals who aspire to improve
DAY 1 | 09:00am – 05:00pm
Feedback is the Breakfast of Champion
- Excellence is a Habit.
- The Practice Assess Improve (PAI) approach.
- Workshop: Practice, Assess and Improve in Action
Giving and Receiving Feedback Skills Assessment
- Scenario based role play on giving and receiving feedback
- Peers and facilitators assessment on current skills level in giving and receiving feedback
- Capture Improvement Opportunities
- What is feedback?
- Guiding principles to giving feedback effectively.
- Steps to giving feedback
Honing your skills in Giving Feedback
- Group Activity: Scenario based role play on specific areas of improvement used on the earlier feedback skills assessment
DAY 2 | 09:00am – 05:00pm
Challenging scenarios of Giving and Receiving Feedback
- How Not to Take It Personally
- How to Stay Positive
- How to Listen Effectively
- What to do If I Get Really Angry
- How to take the Right Action
5 Common Mistakes in Receiving Feedback
- Not seeking clarity
- My Error MindSet Instead of My Behavior MindSet
- Refusal to Explore Room for Improvement
- Be Defensive
- Practice Selective Listening
Golden Rules for Receiving Feedback
- Elements of Receiving Feedback
- How to receive feedback
- Reflection on Receiving Feedback
Applying the Skills of Receiving Feedback
- Group Activity: Scenario Based role play on how to receive feedback effectively.
RM1,500 per person (early bird special until 30th September 2016)
Fees include training material, Certificate of Attendance and the book – Give Receive Improve: A New Manager’s Guide to Feedback and Improvement.
Optional Further Learning Support:
- 1:1 Coaching to further deepen the learning process
To find out more or to sign up, please click here.
If you would like for me to connect with you: