One of the main pillar of coaching is that the client or coachee has the answer(s) to his/her challenge(s). The role of a coach is to help him to discover that and to feel empowered to action on the challenge. To enable that, the coach must create the space for the client to discover the answers.
The benefits of that are:
1. Empowered. The client has the answer(s) to the challenge(s) that he is facing. To find the answers is a matter of empowering them to listen to their thoughts and feelings. Giving them the courage and confidence to decide on a course of action to be taken.
2. Ownership. The client will have a sense of ownership around the solutions or actions to be taken. After all, the actions are decided by the client. This is a key motivating factor to executing the actions as oppose to being told to do it.
3. Accountability. There is a greater sense of accountability to action on the ideas or steps to be taken as a result of ownership. The added “sense of accountability” will come with having a partnership with the coach.
How would a coach create that space for the client? Here are some ways:
- Listen. Listen to what the client has to say and be comfortable with silence. In my experience, most of that “silence” will be taken up the client as they talk through the issue, hear their own words and through that creates awareness in themselves.
- Patience. Be patient and not try to lead the discussion or the thought process. Let the client work it through.
- Ask questions. Ask questions that will move the thoughts through the next stage. Open the door for more discussion and brainstorming.
Based on my coaching experience, each of us has the answers to our own questions. We just need someone to help us discover that at times.
Not Just another training program!
Option of 1:1 coaching sessions to further facilitate the learning process. According to research paper by Olivero, Bane and Kopelman, training alone results in 22.4% improvement in performance and when training is supported by coaching, the improvement in performance rose to 88%.
Key takeaways from this program:
- Build your skills in giving feedback: Critical skills on how to give feedback, key elements of giving effective feedback plus the do’s and don’ts in feedback all with the aim to create a culture of trust, performance and growth.
- Become a master at Receiving Feedback: Skills on “How to” receive feedback and to generate positive improvements to enhance a culture of continuous feedback.
- Establish Improvements based on the feedback: How to put feedback into action and drive accountability are key hallmarks of a great leader.
- Practice, practice and practice. The workshop is conducted in an interactive, practical and scenario driven exercises to ensure that each participant is able to practice and gain confidence in using these skill in the workplace.
WHO Should Attend?
- New managers, Entrepreneurs, SME Owners
- Individuals who aspire to improve
DAY 1 | 09:00am – 05:00pm
Be a Champion
- What it means to be a Champion.
- The characteristics of a Champion.
- Workshop: Practice, Assess and Improve
- What is feedback?
- Why do we care about feedback?
- Workshop: How is feedback being used in the workplace today?
- Guiding principles in giving feedback effectively.
- Aspects of ineffective feedback.
- 4 key elements of giving feedback.
- Giving feedback upwards.
- Workshop: Role plays on giving feedback.
DAY 2 | 09:00am – 05:00pm
- Key elements to receiving feedback.
- When should we ask for feedback?
- Workshop: Role play receiving feedback.
Different Types of Feedback
- Internal feedback
- External feedback.
- Getting the impact from external feedback.
Feedback for Continuous Improvement
- Scenarios: Business review, Performance goal setting, Customer service, Project monitoring and Employee engagement.
- Workshop: Honing your skills
Feedback for Continuous Improvement Model
- The 5-step model
- Feedback Toolkit: The Buddy System
- Workshop: Formulate your ‘mini continuous improvement project’
RM1,800 per person
Fees include training material, Certificate of Attendance and the book – Give Receive Improve: A New Manager’s Guide to Feedback and Improvement.
Optional Further Learning Support:
- 1:1 Coaching to further deepen the learning process
To find out more or to sign up, please connect with me.
I welcome you to journey with me in this great and exciting journey to grow. To grow and reach whatever goals or dreams that is inside each and everyone of us. I have discovered that I am constantly curious and wanting to know more about areas that I am interested in whether it be to maintain a healthy lifestyle, to get fit, to play better golf, to help the people around me or just to be creative. The topic or area of passion does not matter so long as there is one. That’s what keeps me going and motivated. What that’s for you? Have you thought about how you would achieve it? What would you do if you have a dream that’s just bursting to get out? What do you need to do to achieve that goal or dream? What would you do to overcome your fears?
Let’s journey together to find out what is possible.