Feedback. A simple word and yet it is frightening to most people. It is especially scary for new managers or for anyone who has to give feedback. It is also an uneasy situation for the person who is receiving the feedback. I think that it is safe to agree that feedback is just downright uncomfortable for both parties. Feedback is necessary in ensuring that growth and improvements are possible.
To help elevate some of the perceived challenges and fears, Salwana Ali and I have designed a 2-day workshop to specifically address some of the challenges and fears by providing you with tools, tips and tricks on how to give, receive and act upon feedback. The workshop is designed to be practical with everyday scenarios to help apply the tools and techniques in a non-threatening environment.
Salwana and I have a combined experience of around 50 years of working in management roles and have encountered our share of awkward, uncomfortable and awful situations where feedback is involved. Hence, rest assured we understand and know what goes into giving and receiving feedback. Our aim is help ease new managers by developing and enhancing their feedback skills.
To find out more about the workshop details, click here.
Hope to have you in our workshop.
Not Just another training program!
Option of 1:1 coaching sessions to further facilitate the learning process. According to research paper by Olivero, Bane and Kopelman, training alone results in 22.4% improvement in performance and when training is supported by coaching, the improvement in performance rose to 88%.
Key takeaways from this program:
- Build your skills in giving feedback: Critical skills on how to give feedback, key elements of giving effective feedback plus the do’s and don’ts in feedback all with the aim to create a culture of trust, performance and growth.
- Become a master at Receiving Feedback: Skills on “How to” receive feedback and to generate positive improvements to enhance a culture of continuous feedback.
- Establish Improvements based on the feedback: How to put feedback into action and drive accountability are key hallmarks of a great leader.
- Practice, practice and practice. The workshop is conducted in an interactive, practical and scenario driven exercises to ensure that each participant is able to practice and gain confidence in using these skill in the workplace.
WHO Should Attend?
- New managers, Entrepreneurs, SME Owners
- Individuals who aspire to improve
DAY 1 | 09:00am – 05:00pm
Be a Champion
- What it means to be a Champion.
- The characteristics of a Champion.
- Workshop: Practice, Assess and Improve
- What is feedback?
- Why do we care about feedback?
- Workshop: How is feedback being used in the workplace today?
- Guiding principles in giving feedback effectively.
- Aspects of ineffective feedback.
- 4 key elements of giving feedback.
- Giving feedback upwards.
- Workshop: Role plays on giving feedback.
DAY 2 | 09:00am – 05:00pm
- Key elements to receiving feedback.
- When should we ask for feedback?
- Workshop: Role play receiving feedback.
Different Types of Feedback
- Internal feedback
- External feedback.
- Getting the impact from external feedback.
Feedback for Continuous Improvement
- Scenarios: Business review, Performance goal setting, Customer service, Project monitoring and Employee engagement.
- Workshop: Honing your skills
Feedback for Continuous Improvement Model
- The 5-step model
- Feedback Toolkit: The Buddy System
- Workshop: Formulate your ‘mini continuous improvement project’
RM1,800 per person
Fees include training material, Certificate of Attendance and the book – Give Receive Improve: A New Manager’s Guide to Feedback and Improvement.
Optional Further Learning Support:
- 1:1 Coaching to further deepen the learning process
To find out more or to sign up, please connect with me.